The superhero character Batman has appeared in a variety of different media over the decades since his creation.
Books and LiteratureEdit
Batman appears in a number of novels
- The Further Adventures of Batman (1989) was an anthology book series edited by Martin H. Greenberg featuring Batman stories written by a variety of writers. Batman also appeared in the follow-up anthologies The Further Adventures of the Joker (1990), The Further Adventures of Batman Vol. 2 Featuring the Penguin (1992) and The Further Adventures of Batman Vol. 3 Featuring Catwoman (1993).
- The Batman Murders (1990) by Craig Shaw Gardner. Batman hunts the Joker following the discovery of a body wearing Batman's costume and the promise of three more victims.
- Batman: The Ultimate Evil (1995) by Andrew Vachss. While investigating a series of child abuse cases as Bruce Wayne, Batman discovers that before her death his mother was investigating a pedaphile ring, which is the reason her and her husband were murdered.
- Batman: Dead White (2006) by John Shirley features a young, inexperienced Batman doing battle with a racist militia known as, whose leader plans to kill Batman as practice for an assault on Washington, D.C. It was followed by two sequels; and Batman: Inferno (2006) by Alex Irvine, wherein Batman must battle the Joker and a new demolitions expert villain named Enfer while proving his innocence for a murder charge and Batman: Fear Itself (2007) by Michael Reeves and Steven-Eliot Altman, where Batman battles the Scarecrow.
- Enemies & Allies (2009) by Kevin J. Anderson. Set during the 1950's, Bruce Wayne learns that Lex Luthor is blackmailing board members in Wayne Enterprises and, as Batman, decides to investigate Luthor. Soon, he encounters the superhero Superman and the two must thwarts Luthor's plot to fake an alien invasion in order to cause a mistrust of all aliens, such as Superman.
- Wayne of Gotham (2012) by Tracy Hickman is a Batman novel taking place in two eras: Thomas Wayne in his youth in the 1950's and Batman in the present day.
Various Batman media have received adaptations into novels.
- Batman Vs. The Three Villains of Doom was a novel that retold several stories from the 1966 Batman TV series. It was followed by Batman Vs. The Fearasome Foursome, an adaptation based on Batman: The Movie.
- The films Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Batman: The Mask of the Phantasm, Batman: Sub-Zero, Batman: The Mystery of the Batwoman, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises have all recieved novelization adaptations.
- Batman (1943)
- Batman and Robin (1949)
- Batman (1966)
- Batman (1989)
- Batman Returns (1992)
- Batman Forever (1995)
- Batman & Robin (1997)
- Batman Begins (2005)
- The Dark Knight (2008)
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
- Suicide Squad (2016)
- The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
- Justice League (2017)
TV Shows Edit
- Batman (1966–68)
- The Adventures of Batman (1968–69)
- The Batman/Superman Hour (1968–69)
- The Batman/Tarzan Adventure Hour (1977–78)
- The New Adventures of Batman (1977)
- Batman: The Animated Series (1992–95)
- The New Batman Adventures (1997–99)
- Batman Beyond (1999–2001)
- Birds of Prey (2002–2003)
- The Batman (2004–2008)
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold (2008–11)
- Beware the Batman (2013–14)
- Gotham (2014–19)
- Pennyworth (2019–)
- Batwoman (2019–)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.