| "Captain America (Disambiguation)" may be referring to two or more different characters. If you're uncertain which one you're looking for. |
If you came here from a link, please go back and make the right link for one of the characters listed below.
Captain America is the name for several people in superhero fiction, all owned by Marvel comics.
- Steve Rogers is the first and most famous character to be known as Captain America.
- Recently, an alternate universe version of Steve Rogers threatened the world after changing his name to Hydra Supreme.
- Recently, Sam Wilson has also taken on the mantle of Captain America.
- James "Bucky" Buchanan Barnes took on the identity of Captain America following the seeming assassination of Steve Rogers.
- John Walker became Captain America when Steve Rogers left that identity. Walker would later go on to become the U.S.Agent.
- In the 1950's, William Burnside went by the name Captain America and was eventually turned into a villain by evil forces.
- The superhero Patriot (also known as Jeffrey Mace) went by the name Captain America for a while.
- Roscoe Simmons, Bob Russo and "Scar" Turpin were three men who attempted to take Captain America's place after he gave up that identity to become the Nomad. Bob and "Scar" attempted to act as Cap, only to be humiliated and injured due to their own limitations. Roscoe was successful, though was soon murdered by the Red Skull.
- William Nasland, known as the superhero The Spirit of '76 took on the name Captain America for a time.
- In the 18th Century, an ancestor of Steve Rogers (named Steven Rogers) also went by the identity of Captain America in a story that is arguably not in continuity.
- David Rickford was a well-intentioned young man turned into a pawn and tricked to become Captain America in order to lure the original Captain America back in the costume to save his life.
- Butch Cantwell was a criminal who impersonated Captain America for a time in the late 40's.
- Pitt'o Nili was a Skrull agent who impersonated Captain America for a time
- The supervillain The Acrobat also impersonated Captain America as a plot to defeat him.
- Roberta Mendez is the Captain America of the year 2099.
- Colonel America is an alternate reality version of Captain America who had become a flesh-eating zombie.- In a manga-inspired alternate universe, Carol Danvers took on the role of Captain America.