Jake Grayson is the son of Nightwing and Starfire in Nightwing: The New Order.
In the year 2028, after a destructive war between heroes and villains in which Batman died, Dick Grayson activated a device that took away 90% of superpowers in the world. He and Starfire had a son whom they named Jake. However, Starfire grew resentful of Dick's crusade against metahumans, and left him to raise Jake alone.
In 2039, Jake began to develop powers from his half-Tamaranean DNA. One day, he lost control and accidentally revealed them. His father and the Titans rescued him from the Crusaders, an anti-superpower task force. The Titans wished to use Jake to bring back the world's powers. Lex Luthor was working with them, but betrayed them and activated a bomb that would restore superpowers but destroy Metropolis. The superheroes evacuated the city just in time
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Tamaranean/Human Hybrid Physiology: Due to being Half human and Half Tamaranean, Jake's superpowers are native to his mother's extraterrestrial species of the Tamaraeans. All of his abilities are tied to his emotional state, and generally can only be triggered when a specific emotion is focused on; because of this, his powers can be weakened or compromised when he is in emotional turmoil.
- Superhuman Strength: Jake possesses immensely strength, enabling him to lift at least 75 tons. His physical strength also extends to his legs, allowing him jump incredible distances. His enhanced strength can be used through his emotion of boundless confidence.
- Superhuman Agility & Superhuman Reflexes: Jake possesses highly advanced agility and reflexes. His natural fighting skills are much greater when in conjunction with his superhuman reflexes, durability, and agility.
- Superhuman Stamina: Jake can remain awake for long days at a time before tiring out.
- Superhuman Endurance: Jake has supreme physical endurance; capable of surviving the most severe of snowstorms, but eventually wears down his endurance.
- Semi-Invulnerability: Like his mother, Jake is immune to most physical harm; capable of surviving a massively powerful explosion without taking much damage; as well as he has bulletproof skin. He is naturally immune to incredibly high levels of radiation. He can survive in the endless vacuum of outer space without the need of a spacesuit, as he can breathe and move normally in space.
- Language Assimilation: As a Half-Tamaranean, Jake can replicate all the acquired spoken knowledge of languages from other life-forms via lip contact; a process known as "the transfer of knowledge".
- Ultraviolet Energy Generation: Like his mother, Jake can project incredibly powerful bright radiant energy from his hands or even entire body, activated by righteous fury. His energy attacks produce both thermal energy and highly explosive results on contact. He can augment the effectiveness of his punches by surrounding his hands in energy, and he can also use this method to weld or carefully burn through obstacles with contact from his hands.
- Laser-Eye Beams: Jake gained the highly useful ability to emit beams of his red-colored energy from his eyes. Though not as destructive as his regular starblasts, these beams can be fired continuously in a steady stream, are more precise in direction, and also give him the element of surprise for when his hands are restrained.
- Starbolts: Jake is also able to shoot his ultraviolet energy in the form of powerful and large blasts and/or bolts from his hands. He is able to accumulate his radiant energy in his hands to burn, melt and/or combust solid metals, steel doors, ceilings and/or walls. By channeling his star-bolts, He can erect strong defensive energy barriers and force-fields around himself and others.
- Starbolt-Explosions: When under extreme emotional distress, Jake is able to release a maelstrom of energy which resembled that of a star and unleashed a wave of destruction that can cause several full-blast explosions.
- Self-Propelled Flight: By feeling unbridled joy, Jake has the ability to fly at great speeds through both the atmosphere and interstellar space.